Cultural outings organized by the association
Registration for outings is open approximately 4 weeks in advance.
To register for an outing, simply print out and return the form below the description of each outing, together with a cheque payable to Les Amis des Musées, to the following address:
Association des Amis des Musées Antoine Vivenel
et de la Figurine Historique
2 bis, rue d'Austerlitz
(The various registration forms are in pdf format, which requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or Preview)
Thursday, November 23, 2023
An afternoon at the Château de Villers-Cotterêts and the Cité Internationale de la Langue Française
It was in the royal chateau, built by François 1er, was the site of the 1539 signing of the Villers-Cotterêts decree establishing the use of the French language in legal and administrative documents.
A major restoration project has restored the château to its former glory, and it now houses the Cité Internationale de la Langue Française.
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Visit to the Historical Immersion Site (SIH) at the Antoine Vivenel Museum
Presented by Delphine Jeannot, Director of the Museums of Compiègne, this free tour is organized especially for Friends.
The Site d'Immersion Historique (SIH) "Connaître Compiègne!" is a new space devoted to the history of Compiègne and its region, with an introductory film and virtual visits to major sites via interactive stations.
Then, in the museum galleries, Delphine Jeannot will present the latest innovations and projects, including the future room dedicated to Mediterranean archaeology collections (scheduled to open for Nuit des Musées 2024).
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
the Château de La Roche-Guyon and the village of Vétheuil
- Guided tour of the Château de La Roche-Guyon and its park, a certified organic garden and Jardin Remarquable.
Set between the Seine and the limestone cliffs of the Vexin, this château will take you through centuries of history.
From its medieval keep to the German occupation during the Second World War, we'll discover its rich historical past, not forgetting the Potager-Fruitier created in the spirit of the Age of Enlightenment.
- Vétheuil. This small village on the banks of the Seine was a favorite haunt of the Impressionists, including Claude Monet, who lived here and painted many of his works. The American painter Joan Mitchell also lived in the village, hence the exhibition "Monet-Mitchell: dialogue de peintres" recently organized at the Fondation Louis Vuitton.
During our walk, we'll visit Notre-Dame church (12th-13th c.), which boasts two remarkable Renaissance portals.
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Montmorency, Enghien-les-Bains, Epinay-sur-Seine
in the footsteps of a philosopher, curists and missionaries..
- Guided tour of the Maison Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Montmorency. This small museum, labeled a Musée de France and Maison des Illustres, has retained the charm of the place where Rousseau lived.
- Autour du lac" guided tour in Enghien. On a walk from the Jardin des Roses to the Villa du Lac, we'll discover the history and architecture of the spa town.
- Guided tour of the Notre-Dame-des-Missions church in Epinay-sur-Seine. Formerly the Missions pavilion at the Paris Colonial Exhibition in 1931, the church in Epinay is considered a masterpiece of early 20th-century sacred art.
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
A day in Paris:
Bibliothèque nationale de France - Richelieu site
After twelve years of renovation work, the Richelieu site is now open to the public.
Take a guided tour of the new museum. The museum's encyclopedic collections, laid out in seven thematic rooms, combine the memory of the written word, the world of images and objects.
Visit the temporary exhibition "Molière, le jeu du vrai et du faux". To celebrate the 400th anniversary of Molière's birth, the BnF and the Comédie française are presenting works of art, original editions, costumes, photos and audiovisual documents.
Discover the Salle Ovale, where you'll have free access to almost 6,000 books on the history of the arts and heritage, 9,000 comic strips, digital devices, magazines, sound, video and multimedia portals.
Thursday, December 8, 2022
Lives and works
The Musée Antoine Vivenel, the Centre Ressource Lecture and photographer Marc Mounier Kuhn invite you to search for resonances between past and present, between societies of yesteryear and the contemporary world.
The exhibition invites you to rediscover remarkable pieces from the Musée Antoine Vivenel, reinterpreted by the photographer and learners from the Centre Ressource Lecture. The artistic project has also been exported to the façades of buildings in the Pompidou and Royallieu districts, in the form of monumental photographic collages.
Presented by Delphine Jeannot, Director of Compiègne Museums, this free tour is organized especially for Friends.
Updated November 24, 2023
Association des Amis des Musées
Antoine Vivenel & Figurine Historique
© AMAVFH 2010-2023